Monday, April 13, 2009

I like markers....

I took my first Copic class at the end of March. Copic pens were something I wasn't too sure I wanted to get into. I am "creatively challenged"---oh, don't get me wrong---I am creative but I am just a copycat. I call myself a "paint-by-numbers" person!

I came across the video from After Hours Stamper about using Bic and Sharpies like Copic. I thought I would give it a shot and so I loaded up on all the colours Bic and Sharpie put out. I took the first class and practiced later on my first Artist Trading Card (which I will post later) - and another topic.

I love it so much I just spent the past two days copying and printing every lesson from the blog I Like Markers by Marianne Walker (the queen of Copic). I went through three ink cartriges in my printer, a ream of paper and a very sore wrist (which is gibbled to begin with) and if I ever do "copy paste" again it will be too soon!

BUT I have all the lessons and I am looking so forward to reading and using what I will learn. She even does a lesson showing my very first stamp - Stamps Happen Lavender Flower Fairy (this one is going to be on the cover of my Swatch Book). She also does a lesson on fur and, it so happens, I just picked up that stamp too (Craft Lounge crafy clear stamps the bear and the adorable elephant)!

I even got to spend the day with Els van de burgt who is a designer for Peel-off stickers. She was doing a demo at Be Creative in Pitt Meadows. Els showed us how to use Sakura Metallic and Stardust pens...thanks to Els and Heraldine I had an absolute blast! Now I know what to do with all those Peel-off's I have been hording!

I have lots to create and more pics to post but that will have to be for another day. Hope everyone had a great Easter and the bunny left tons of goodies.

Cat

No comments: