Friday, October 26, 2012

More Babies…

I Finally, I know she is 6-months old but…I finally got “Congratulations on your birth” for my granddaughter.  Blame it on my craft supplies being packed…blame it on constantly keeping this house staged….
I was sitting having my usual “coffee and cookies” at Be Creative with the coffee club girls and Barb brought in her acetate bow-fronted cards and I fell in love.  I mean…this is totally cased from her card…she even emailed me pics to help me…what are friends for!
I just love this Marianne Creatables Baby set and I was saving it for just this occasion.  I broke open my stash of pink velvet, placed double-sided Be Creative tape on the velvet and the die cut  out like butter.  It only cut through the velvet and the glue…leaving the backing intact and turned the die-cuts into stickers….wicked!


The bow-front card is one of the free templates when you subscribe to Card Making World.  This website is full of so much information and free templates one can spend days there.  Anyway, this card is almost 1” thick and it required a box…thankfully, the template was with the card instructions.

Once you get the hang of it…it is really quite easy to make them and they look incredible!

 
I wanted to have an actual card and not the acetate standing by itself so, I added a piece to the back.  I carried the chain Elizabeth Craft Designs peel-off to the inside and it was perfect to cover where the card stock was added.
Baby Acetate - Standing

You just have to try this one!

No comments: