Monday, January 26, 2009

Silhouette, silhouette, silhouette....

I think they had a song with lyrics similar to this!!

Anyway, hubby went and picked up my Silhouette for me today. I got home from work, took care of the banking stuff and then began to play. I made my first cut and boy, is the machine a bit noisy. It also came with a downloadable card so I could buy some templates etc.

I am making wedding invitations for a friend and I have to cut out 60 hearts to "burnish velvet" on them. I was not looking forward to that at all. The Silhouette even has a heart template almost identical to what I am going to use - with a bit of modification - voila! I will have the perfect heart template and the machine will cut 60 for me.

I have a few more chores to clean up and then I can finally get around to posting this year's Christmas cards!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments: