Sunday, January 27, 2013

Phew….we are moved!

Finally, the move is over and we are in the process of unpacking.  I think we are close to 95% done now….just the seasonal stuff to go through like Christmas.  I will do that when the time comes.  I think we have taken 15 boxes to the thrift store!!!
Yesterday and today I have been unpacking my craft room.  I have an idea of what I want it to look like but, I am not sure if it will work or not. 
In the meantime….I just unpacked boxes and shoved them onto shelving units to clear the floor up.  I need to put my Best Craft Organizer together (I bought the triple unit) before I can start to really put things away.  You wanted to see pictures so….here they are:


Doorway is to the left…first pile is my wire jewelry toolbox topped with my sewing toolbox and the box of computer stuff on top (I badly need to format my computer).  Storage shelf top to bottom:  Un-mounted stamps, bits and pieces, stamp and punch sets.  Next shelf holds die cuts, Nestabilities etc.  Next shelf holds ribbons, Stickles and stuff.  Bottom shelf holds photo box lights embossing folders, embossing powder etc.  Next to the shelves is an old Ikea hutch that is holding stuff,  most of my 8.5x11 paper, punches, magazines, Big Shot etc. 

Next wall with the window:  My filing cabinet is holding projects ideas, card ideas, tutorials etc.  I always print them off and down the road I am going to sort them into binders.  I have part of my wire rack sitting there holding my 12x12 pads of paper temporarily, my scanner with my Gazelle sitting on top (for enquiring minds….my cat loves to visit me and sit on my scanner so my hubby made a wooden cover covered in carpet so he will not hurt it).  Under the window is my craft desk (not a keeper…new one coming).  The rolling cart under the desk holds 12x12 paper and 8.5x11 paper until the new storage system is built.
 
 Next to the desk is my printer stand.  On the next wall is my computer desk (also not a keeper).  The shelves hold most of my seasonal stamps and punches, spare ribbon rolls, more punches and stamps.  Behind the two wooden cassette racks that hold my ink pads is my Copic air gun, box with all my hand made paper and rolls of background paper, all my glitter and my dremel tool set. 

Last wall is the closet.  Behind the door on the left is my Pergamano, needlepoint and basket of scrap paper.  The closet holds most of my beading supplies.  It is just a mess of beads in boxes and other miscellaneous stuff.  My copics are on the right shelf.   The two pictures to the right of the closet are from a class I took at Be Creative…..Thomas Kincaide stamps, stampscapes, Marvy inks and scratch board.  I had so much fun and love them so much I framed them for my wall.




     
This is it….I can’t believe I have so much stuff.  Don’t ask me to make anything as I really have no idea where to find anything!  Hubby is vacuuming the carpet and we are going to try to put the Best Craft Storage unit together.  Should be interesting….actually, through the whole move and unpacking and organizing we only had one fight.  For anyone who knows us….that in itself is a miracle!!!

2 comments:

Stef H said...

hi cat... nice to meet you. wishing you nothing but happiness in your new home. your craft room looks delightful and your creations are stunning. yeah, i'll be following you... don't want to miss your "cool" stuff.

hugs :)

Catrick said...

Thanks, Stef...I have been following you for years. Your inspiration is been valuable to me.