Sunday, November 7, 2010 update....

Man, I have been, grab a coffee or tea and sit back...this is going to be a long post. nephew got married the September long weekend and I volunteered to make his wedding invitations. Surfing the internet looking at ideas I came across this website and she was a fountain of information.

These were so simple to make but man, did they really look elegant! I really suck at stamping so the sentiment and the monogram were done on my laser printer. I love the little crystal in the "H" on the monogram and I put a matching crystal in the "T" of Thank You, too. Black and white card stock was on the usual sale and I stocked up on the ribbon when it was on clearance. What was nice was that I really over bought and I got to return what I didn't need to the store (always keep your receipts, girls).

Of course, there were cards for the attendants also. Michael's wanted an arm and a leg for their dimensional stickers and I found a website (Scrapbookingcafeonline) where I got all the stickers I needed plus shipping for the price of one...yes I said one...sticker at Michael's. So...why would I ever buy a sticker there again!

My niece-in-law sent me pictures of her bridesmaid dresses and I so happened to have the exact Copic, I colored the white dress and ribbon sticker to match. This was pretty close to the flower girl dresses. I just had to add the ribbon that spanned across the width of the dress.

He is so cute! This is just a clip art I got off the internet. I colored his coat, tie and the heart with Spica pens. I added a gem for his button and two jump rings for the ring pillow.

This was another find on the internet. I was searching for tuxedo cards and came across this website. It took a bit to figure everything out...and, everyone loved their cards!

I had been reading and looking at 'explosion boxes' so...I thought I would try to make one for my nephew and niece-in-law.

I "borrowed" pictures from their Facebook photo album and got to work. I did two layer black and white photos and the other layer with colored photos.

The following weekend my receptionist got married. She was having a cupcake tree and I asked her if she needed cupcake wrappers, "Nope", she said. "Yes, you do", I said. When they came over on the weekend to put things together I met her and her fiance at the door with a plate. On one side was three mini cupcakes with no wrapper and three on the other side with wrappers....she got my point! Besides, I finally got to play with my Gazelle.

That was another issue...I really haven't had a chance to play with my pink machine and I was just trying to wing it. Along comes Terry Mouw from Bosskuts....without her invaluable help I would not have done this at all (even though I really, really wanted to do this).

Her cupcake tree looked so awesome! The cupcake wrappers made a huge difference and it just gave it a "finished" look.

Of course, I volunteered when she was having trouble with her printing. I scanned her wedding invitation (damask pattern) and created her wine bottle label and favor tags in the same pattern.

Now, I guess I really do not have any spare time on my hands because I offer to make her attendant cards. Back to Scrapbookingcafeonline to get more stickers. A Spellbinders Nestability Label 10, white velvet and black gems later I have this awesome card. I included the small easel stand with each one so they could stand up properly.
This sticker was identical to the flower girl dresses. It wasn't until I was at the wedding that I realized I forgot to color the ribbon black. Oh well, I managed to get one done correctly. One of the girls lost her card and was devastated. I had a spare sticker so I made her one to replace her lost one and....this time the ribbon was black!

And no, I do not sleep! At least, around this time it sure felt like it. I wanted to do another explosion box. I was surfing one day and I found this website. I picked up the Sizzix Bigz Cake Die and proceeded to put this together. I am so pleased with how it turned out!

Back to Facebook for photos again and I printed two layers...this time, all black & white. I slit one card stock layer and this made a great spot for a gift card. See the little butterfly...tug on that to get the gift card!

My friend's daughter was having a baby shower (see the Burnished Velvet heart invitations from last year) and I of course, volunteered to make the shower cards. I don't have a picture of it yet, but it is a pink version of the one I made for my daughter's baby shower. I made baby booties for party favors and I just had to make another explosion box.

This one is in the baby's nursery colors (yep, it's a girl). The pink paper used to form the sides of the box lose their detail in the is embossed with little bears etc....just darling!

I think that is enough for next project is wedding invitations for "Number 2" son. I made up the template and I am waiting approval from the bride. I will post them when I make the final version.
Between crafting...dealing with water in our ductwork since March...we are on a cement slab and water managed to find it's way into our floor heating vents. We finally, finally found the problem....water main leak - yeah, house insurance.

Christmas cards next, this never ends! Have a great day.